Tuesday, March 3, 2009

weekly update

Thought I'd take a few minutes today and put together the weekly update for any readers...

GREAT NEWS!!! I have learned that people are actually reading my blog! A a little while, I wasn't sure if anyone was... But it really didn't matter, it still gave me something to do.

This week we purchased a new laptop! To prepare for my graduate degree, I purchased a new Macbook. It has a beautiful LCD Backlit display and all the fancy Apple bells and whistles.

It was also announced yesterday at Paychex that all merit raises and 401k matches would be suspended for a one year time period as a result of the sluggish economy. Overall, I think the news was taken well as it meant that we were keeping our jobs. Also, the Senior VPs, who made the decision, did actually walk around all day and were available to all Rochester employees to discuss what happened and did not hide in their offices. That was nice and I think instilled that this was still a great team enviroment.

Well, got to go!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, people actual read (and comment on) your blog? That amazes me....wait, i'm one of them....I'm therefore amazing!

    Nice to hear the bosses didn't hide after cutting money from you!

    ReplyDelete